Friday, January 3, 2014

2014 New Year's Resolutions

Happy 2014! I hope you guys had a lot of fun partying - I certainly enjoyed my old soul's ways of drinking very little, going to bed quite early and having my belly massaged by a wandering cat (hey, I know I'm not alone in this! Don't you laugh now!).
I figured that some New Year's resolutions are de rigueur; well, who am I kidding, I actually enjoy making my resolutions and trying to stick to them throughout the year - my will power is probably the only thing I like to excerise. To be honest though, I haven't made any Earth shattering realizations as of late... for once, I'm quite content with how the things are going here on Rocaille Writes. In 2014, I'd like to continue on the same blogging path, both frequency and quality-wise. In terms of stash-reducing efforts, I think last year's rule of 2 products per month proved to be a doable challenge that's worth sticking to this year as well, and I'll keep on trying to use up my stash and bringing you quaterly empties posts this time.
One thing I would like to work on is including you guys more in my life overall, not just its blogging aspects. You might be surprised to learn that for a blogger, I'm quite a private person and have an innate dislike for public bragging and self-promotion. However, I do feel that oftentimes I'm missing out on getting to know you, my fantastic readers, and the first step to knowing you would actually be to show myself a bit more. So, practically speaking, you can expect a bit more random posts throughout the year 2014, be it tags, photo collages or travel journals. Where possible, I'll also try to show beauty through other angles, bringing you more variety in reviews and make-up looks.

Here's to an amazing and abundant 2014!

5 comments:

  1. I'd love to get to know you more, Monika. You should try the 50 random things about me tag. I just did it, and it was quite fun :-) Definitely breaks the ice!
    Loving where your blog is going, and I'm looking forward to whatever you decide to give us this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I really want to make it down to NYC again and meet you in person. In the meanwhile, reading about you on Rocaille works, too. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! More Monika is more good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I agree with Tracy and Lily - MORE MONIKA.

    ReplyDelete