Friday, January 18, 2013

Nails of the Week: OPI The Living Daylights

...aka Focus Features logo manicure - it just really reminds me of that film production company intro!
The star of this manicure is of course the OPI The Living Daylights glitter polish from their 2012 Skyfall collection, which is being discontinued, by the way (so snatch this beaut up while you still can!). I've never actually seen the movie 'The Living Daylights', nor was I a huge fan of this when it first came out; I am in general very suspicious towards multi-colored glitters, or as I prefer to call them, clown vomit. This one though... this one grew on me. A LOT.
The base color was 2 coats of China Glaze Naughty and Nice (previously swatched here) from a holiday collection 2 years ago, followed by one coat of OPI The Living Daylights (you have to play around with the placement of the glitter but I like the slight uneven/textured look) and an Essie top coat. So far (day 3) no chips, a little bit of tip wear. I think what gets me in this glitter is the sequined appearance and the color combination; although unusual, it still somehow works.
Do you like wearing multi-colored glitters on your nails? Have you ever had a nail polish shade you disliked at first really turn into a favorite?

2 comments:

  1. I have this ony toes right now! Over a turquoise blue which was a mistake as it hides the blue glitters. I fell in love with the colors in a nail salon, didn't notice the name. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol @ clown vomit

    I like it a lot, too, and I'm not a big fan of nail polish right now, so that's saying something. This is fun. :D

    ReplyDelete