Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Going Red for the Holidays!

Just a quick one today to share my new hair color; as you may guess from the title, I've gone more red for the Holidays! Can you tell I'm very excited?
If you'd like to know the specifics, this is an all-over red semi-permanent toner, not a permanent hair dye. I had a partial foil (highlights) done a couple months ago and my stylist used a coppery red toner afterwards too but it didn't take very well; interestingly enough, my hair lifts incredibly quickly but doesn't react very well to toning. Anyway, this time we didn't do a foil but only used the toner and left it on for about 30 minutes (normally you would leave it to process for no more than 10); and voila! The toner itself was from Redken and I believe it was a half and half mix of Chilli and Cayenne.
Also, you can observe my 10-minute make-up routine here in action. Supposedly, redheads pull off the 'no make-up make-up' look pretty well?
The semi-permanent color will eventually fade within about 6 weeks; I've already noticed a lot of color wash down the drain but the coppery tint is still definitely there. The upside is that my hair doesn't feel very damaged at all, it still looks glossy and soft. I really do like how vibrant my hair color seems now; I naturally have a red tinge to my medium blonde hair so this is just amping up my natural shade - it also seems to match my complexion pretty well.

Have you changed your 'do recently? Do you like introducing little changes to your look for the winter season?

11 comments:

  1. I GOT FRINGE. I need to do a post but it's been hectic. I love your red! Red makes me so envious - I always want to be a redhead but it would NOT suit my coloring ._.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this color on you :) I always contemplate a color change... but I love Lush's caca brun mama too much and I just can't give it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair is always absolutely stunning! The red really brings out the rich color of your eyes. I love it!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so natural on you that I feel like it has been your color for ever!
    Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the perfect shade of red I've always wanted! LOVE! You are tempting me to go back red! Unfortunately toner alone wouldn't cut it for me. I'm too grey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It suits you really well!
    You look like a modern Snow White! :-)

    Kisses from Switzerland! ;-)

    Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE! I think you have the perfect complexion for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the red looks excellent with your coloring! Really complements your brown eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the red color on you. I am actually thinking about getting red as well. I just think it's a great color for the Fall.

    ReplyDelete