Wednesday, April 20, 2011

NOTD: Easter Egg Nails

Easter is this weekend already, so what a better time to post an Easter egg inspired nail design! Well, it's not much of a 'design' really: I've basically used China Glaze 'Lemon Fizz' nail polish as a base color and painted China Glaze Crackle polish in 'Crushed Candy' diagonally on top of that. Here's the result:


I applied Seche Vite top coat both on top of the base color and then on top of the finished nails (the crackle polish dries matte), and I was quite surprised how well it lasted with no chips and little tip wear - basically a whole week!

However, while I think the color combination worked well and my nails really reminded me of a crackled Easter egg, I'm still on the fence as far as crackle/shatter polishes go. It's a fun look, don't get me wrong, but going into so much trouble to make something look... uneven and crackled? In my mind, these polishes will just never look elegant and sophisticated, not in a thousand years.

What's your take on shatter polishes?

3 comments:

  1. super cuuute!

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think shatter polishes are fun but just not for me.:D

    Happy Thursday!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color combo that you did--I think it's very Eastery :) But I agree..I don't know that you could wear this to a nice event and take yourself very seriously--unless it was some sort of beauty event haha!

    ReplyDelete