Saturday, October 9, 2010

Vintage Inspiration: The Glorious 1950's

I've been somewhat lacking in the outfit inspiration department recently and frankly speaking, quite dissatisfied with my looks. However, after reading Isabel Wolff's 'Vintage Affair' and watching 'How to Marry a Millionaire' (1953) starring the fabulous Marylin accompanied by Lauren Bacall, I think I'm getting my fashion mojo back. Let's just admire these glamorous shots, ladies and gents.



Photos' source: Google Images



Photos' source: My Vintage Vogue

I'll be posting a 50's-inspired outfit next week, so stay tuned if you like that! I've been also thinking about starting a series featuring work of some famous fashion photographers, especially from 1940's-1960's. Would you be interested in seeing it on the blog? Have a wonderful weekend, lovelies!

5 comments:

  1. I would be so interested!!!
    gawsh they are so stylish! :) I like vintage style :)

    n wow! I didn't know you came from France! Lovely! :) What kind of crepes do you have for dinner? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would love to see what you like and of course would like to see your outfits x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looove all of these vintage pics!!! Great post!!

    XOXO, CC

    http://thecupcakecartel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @kAy: That's so true, 50's were an era of formal wear, no true lady would ever be caught without a proper dress, hair and make-up! Oh, I'm not French - what I was trying to say is that in Poland we also have crepes, they're just called differently, but still just as delicious :) My mum serves them with jam or fresh fruit and whipped cream in season... or sometimes with spinach and ricotta :)

    @Marina: I loved your post on vintage make-up ads! The outfit post will be up very shortly xxx

    @Miss Cupcake: Thank you, hun, and welcome to the blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I think you know how much I love all things 50s! Lovely, lovely images and a great post. Looking forward to the photography series.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete