Thursday, October 7, 2010

NOTD: China Glaze 'Frostbite'

A very cool polish with a wintery sounding name; a lil' bit early, perhaps, but I couldn't wait to try it.

Daylight

'Frostbite' is a deep cobalt blue with lighter azure shimmers, although not as icy as my camera would like you to believe - there's no trace of green in this one, just pure, bright blue. I got a lot of compliments wearing this shade with a notable mention of our Thai waitress, who exclaimed enthusiastically: 'I don't know how to say this in English... It's just... BOOM!'. Hell yeah.

Direct sunlight

Easy to apply with just a tad of dragging at the cuticle, opaque in 2 coats. You can see some tip wear in the close-up photos, which were taken on the 4th day of wear, so not bad at all. I got a random chip on my index finger on the second day, but I'm blaming all the different ways in which I shouldn't but do use my nails rather than the quality of the polish.

Sunset

It's definitely a shade I'll go back to no matter the season. What are your thoughts on blue nail polish?

4 comments:

  1. That is an absolutely beautiful polish! Like blue eyeshadow - I'm ambivalent about blue polish as it just looks wrong and totally incongruous to me. However, I now NEED this polish, and this blue eyeshadow: http://www.sugarpillshop.com/products/royal-sugar-loose-eyeshadow

    I think blue must be on the up for me :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree wholeheartedly on blue eyeshadow, it's the most difficult shade to work with in my opinion, it can just look soo ageing! However, blue nail polish and eyeliners have grown on me a lot recently. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a pretty shade :) i was imagining 'frostbite' to be more lighter :P
    But this is really nice :)
    Thanks for sharing the lovely swatches!

    ReplyDelete