Last Sunday was the first time this year when I digged out my serious sun protection products. With the summer approaching, I thought I could share some of my favorite skincare and make-up products with built-in SPF protection, which is crucial for those sunny days!
1. First up, my favorite product as of this week: Sleek Makeup Pout Polish in Perfect Plum. I got this tinted lip conditioner from one of my fav bloggers ever, Loveaudrey, who might possibly know my make-up taste better than I do! I know it's also Cami's favorite, and she knows her darker but still wearable shades :) I wasn't swayed at the first glance, as the color seems to be a bit murky, brownish red, but on the lips it can look as either a soft wash of my-lips-but-better loveliness, or dabbed on more heavily, a perfect daytime red. It's very creamy without any sparkles and smells faintly of vanilla. And, more importantly for this post, it has SPF 15!
2. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunscreen SPF 45. It does exactly what it says on the can: it has a non-greasy, fast absorbing formula and thanks to the aerosol applicator, can be easily used at every angle on even those difficult to reach areas, and on the face as well! My husband likes this one too as it helped a lot with a sun allergy he developped on our holidays in Cyprus. It has quite a strong smell when you first spray it, but it does fade on the skin.
3. Dove Summer Glow Beauty Body Lotion SPF 15. It's a moisturizing gradual self-tanner with added sun protection, which I think is pure genius! It protects your skin from sun damage while tanning it at the same time, a perfect solution for the pale me. The mouldy biscuit smell is quite bearable in this one and it makes my skin feel soft and hydrated. They also have other versions in the range catering for different skin tones as well as a shimmery one, and I think Dove's self-tanning lotions are among the best on the market.
4. Softlips Lip Balm SPF 20. What can I say? I love it so much that I already have a back-up, as you can see in the photo. I wear it every day under lipstick, it provides a great, smooth, moisturizing base for any lip products. It also feels a bit tingly on the lips and comes in the most yummy flavors. They also have an organic one too, but unfortunately without any SPF.
5. MAC Studio Finish concealer SPF 35. It's not that obvious that a concealer should have an SPF in it, but it is a great idea in fact: it's always a good idea to wear a high SPF on the delicate under eye area to prevent premature wrinkles, and if you use it to conceal redness such as broken capillaries, it protects those problem areas as well. I've raved about other qualities of this concealer in other posts, so I'm not going to repeat myself here, but yes, it is my HG concealer (so far).
What are your favorite products with SPF? I'm on the lookout for a good, oil-free moisturizer for my face with SPF of at least 30 - would you have any recommendations? I'd really appreciate your help! xxx