Here goes a review of a product by one of the most recently hyped up brands: Inglot. I feel ridiculously emotionally attached to this brand, as it is Polish (like me) and has been present on our market for years now. Inglot products accompanied me during many important moments in my life: first dates, family weddings, the prom. I have to admit I'm very proud of its international career and well deserved popularity :)
Inglot Cream Foundation claims to be a balancing base with a "unique system of spheric polisilicones and silica in a matrix of skin friendly esters and polimers". What the hell?! It also says on the packaging that the product contains natural UV filters, but there's no mention of the SPF protection level, which to me always sounds like there is NO sun protection in the product, and includes an ominous warning not to put the product on the eye area, which makes me even more suspicious.
- nice consistency: a small blob goes a long way and spreads with no streaks, medium coverage
- good packaging: a sanitary tube which allows you to control the amount of product you squeeze out (but when running low, requires a bit of force to squeeze)
- didn't break me out nor caused any allergic reaction
- very affordable (approx. 10$ for 30 ml)
- finish: in daylight seems matte, but a closer inspection in the bathroom revealed that it contains tiny shimmers, a big no no on my oily skin
- despite wide range of shades, the lightest shade (no. 21) is waaay too dark on my palest of pale skin
- the product seems to sit on the skin even when vigorously blended, which you can see in the close-up photo. It sinks in a bit more after a couple of minutes, but still looks quite unnatural
- not very long lasting on me
- chemical smell
Would I repurchase? No. Even if the brand started catering for lighter skin tones, I don't think it's a good product for my skin type. It might perform better on drier skins, but it's not moisturizing either, so I'm not too sure. All in all, I haven't had much luck so far with Inglot's foundations and concealers, and I definitely prefer their lip and eye products.
What foundation are you using at the moment? What are your most and least favorite Inglot products? xxx