Saturday, April 24, 2010

Green helping hand

Lots of you, lovely ladies, were kind enough to comment on my last post saying that you couldn't see anything wrong with the state of my skin, which is my major inferiority complex. I can't say how much more confident it has made me feel, so huge thank you for all your sweet words!

Anyway, I also think the not-so-bad appearance of my skin might be due to a new beauty product in the regimen: green color corrector. I remember having one of those when I was a teenager, but since I've never really felt the need to get one, until quite recently. I've noticed that with my uber pale pinkish skin, it's extremely difficult to find a good shade to conceal acne scars, spots or other red areas. I love my MAC Studio Finish in NW20 for under eye circles, but it looks way too orange on blemishes - and having a mismatched concealer on blemishes just accentuates them even further!

So, on my recent trip to Inglot, I decided to invest in their Perfect Concealer in shade no.41, which is basically a pale, slightly yellowy green. It was 15 zlotys (about 3,5 pounds/5 dollars), so after I made sure it didn't contain any mineral oils, I gave it a go. And you know what? This DOES make a difference.


It comes in a pencil form and has a nice, creamy texture, unobtrusive smell and fairly good pigmentation, but nothing crazy, which I like, because I can build up the coverage. It's a satin finish and set with some powder lasts all day on my oily skin. I just smear some on a clean finger and then dab on problem areas, or sometimes put a bit on the brush, or just use it straight from the bullet if I need some more precision and coverage. Here are some swatches for you:


And here you can see it in action on a randomly reddish knuckle. I initially planned to show you how it works on a spot, but I'm not THAT condifent yet, so my hand has to suffice for now:


Definitely check green color correctors out if you have problems concealing redness, and especially if your skin is as pale and cool toned as mine. I have to admit that I don't always top it up with a regular concealer, because when blended out, it matches my skin quite well - bizzare, isn't it? Thumbs up for this one!

Do you use color correctors? What products or tricks have you recently discovered? I'd love to hear your thoughts! xxx

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips, i usually use a green mineral corrector (powder) which works very well. But i think this one by Inglot has a better coverage.
    I tagged you on my blog too :) http://www.blog-mademoisellec.net/2010/04/beautiful-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a mineral one may be healthier for the skin than the Inglot one! Thanks for the tag, sweetheart :) x

    ReplyDelete