Friday, March 12, 2010

Project 5 Pan is finally over!

Woohoo, I've used up all 5 of my make-up products designated for the Project! Here are my 5 cents about the experience:


Pros:
1. Getting your money's worth out of products. I've paid for all of them with my own money and if there's one thing I really HATE, it's wasting things. It has actually made me realize how many nearly finished products I have and now I'm a bit obessed with using everything up, be it make-up, skincare or bath products.
2. Getting rid of some blah products so once finished, you can replace them with some better options (ekhem ekhem, Miss Sporty Mini Me eyeliner in Grizzly for Annabelle's Smudgeliner in Rich Chocolate, an absolutely amazing eye pencil!)
3. Clearing out your make-up stash for Spring. Finally, less clutter!
4. Because of the spending ban, trying to really shop your stash. For me it was both discovering hidden gems as well as recalling how much I didn't like certain products. Which, in turn, made me try to swap some unloved make-up on MUA, not without success (details coming soon)!
5. Creating new wishlists more carefully - no spur-of-the-moment decisions to get another unnecessary lipstick!
6. Limiting your make-up spending for some time at least.
7. Exercising your strong will.

Cons:
1. It WILL take longer than you assumed in the beginning! I noticed that what seemed to be 3-5 uses left, ended up being more like 7-10.
2. Using the same products over and over again. I wanted to use up my brown eyeliner so badly that I wore the same eye look for a week! Boooring.
3. Using up products you didn't really like in the first place can be quite frustrating (yes, Coastal Scents Eye Poxy primer, I'm talking to you!)
4. Missing out on some great collections or bargain finds.

All in all, I think it was a good idea for me to join in. I might repeat the experience some time in the future, but for now I'll just try not to buy items that are easily dupable by something that I already have in my collection, as well as sometimes splurge a bit more on better quality products so that it's fun, not pain, to use them. Hooray for sticking to the Project till the end! And... yes, there's a small haul coming, so watch this space! xxx

7 comments:

  1. I dont think I could do this, congratulations on finishing!! You must have a lot more will power than me! :p I just love all of the collections out at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'm a stubborn little gal! You're right, there're some amazing collections out at the moment, I think I finished the project right in time :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog today it's great! Keep it glam girl xoxo
    www.gorgeousglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks sweetie, I'll make sure to drop by yours too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! :)
    I can't wait to see what you got ;)x
    Marina(Makeup4all)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll show all my finds tomorrow, I promise :) It's nothing special, but I needed those things in my collection! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see what you got! I'm not fully exercising project x number pan, but I'm trying to use all the clutter I have. I've already finished a couple of products, it feels so satisying, LOL! XO

    ReplyDelete