Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Top 3 Spring Blushes

Spring has finally come to our frosty, snow covered, wind lashed corner of Europe! This year's winter was particularly bad, as it started in October and lasted... well, until now. Enough of greyish slush and freezing toes!

I was craving spring weather so much that I hauled some bright colored blushers. Even swatching them for you on my hand today made me feel a little warmer inside (it's not only me, is it?).

So here are my picks for the season, from the least intense but most shimmery to the most pigmented with satin finish:



1. Milani Luminous
Beautiful, light peachy coral with golden shimmer (no glitter!). It's reknown for being a very affordable dupe for Nars Orgasm; I can't compare because I don't have the latter in my collection, but this shade certainly satisfies my sparkly peach cravings. It looks very subtle on my palest of pale skin tone, so I feel it might work more like a highlighter if you're darker. The texture is very smooth and applies very evenly.


2. Benefit Coralista
As this year's spring/summer trends haven't changed that much since last year, I caved in and got this beautiful coral blusher with fine silverish glimmer. It's a deeper, warmer shade than Luminous and would look amazing on tanned skin, but it's also very pretty on lighter skin tones like mine at the moment. It gives the illusion of healthy, glowing skin and the color is bright enough to perk the whole face up. It has already become my everyday staple!

3. Bourjois Rouge Corail no. 51
I have to admit I don't even know if Bourjois still carries this shade since I snatched it from my mum a looong time ago. It's a warm pink (looks orange in the swatch, but it's not!) with a satin finish, and because it's such a bright, highly pigmented shade, you only need the tiniest bit on your brush. It works great with my pinkish skintone, when blended out looks very similar to how I blush naturally, plus it's the most long lasting of the three. It has this sort of vintage, powdery smell which I happen to like, and comes with a dinky brush and a mirror in the lid for touch-ups.

What are your favorite spring/summer cheek products?

5 comments:

  1. I really like that Bourjois shade. Last week I also got myself a blush from them in Amber D'or with amazing Paris picture on top :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love their vintage packaging, it's so pretty! Might haul some more Bourjois goodies soon, I've always felt drawn to their products :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh such pretty swatches!! I love Coralista it is such a fresh and luminous colour!
    So glad spring has sprung for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coralista is amazing, if only it wasn't soo expensive ;( I can't wait to see some spring flowers and green leaves on the trees and bushes! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love coralista! i have it in a little trio (from the holidays), and i'm thinking that soon, it won't be enough. it will definitely be a re-purchase.

    ReplyDelete