Sunday, February 28, 2010

Perk me up buys

Phew, last post in the month of February! I have to admit I'm glad it's over, it's been quite a difficult month for me: I had quite a lot of free time on my hands but didn't manage to do anything substantial, my health wasn't at its best, but most importantly, I felt rather lonely and missed hubs unbearably.

So, I'm really hoping March is going to be so much better. To match those higher spirits, I got myself some things that make me feel like spring is getting closer every day.


Those ballet flats were a total bargain and they match perfectly a brown beaded top I have for summer. Great shoes to pair with some simple, but bright colored clothes.


I also got this vest at H&M to wear with basic tees and jeans. It reminds of one of Serena's outfits from the first season of Gossip Girl and honestly, it was the main reason I bought it. I feel like it's one of those pieces that give a twist to a very casual outfit.


Last but not least, I brought this scarf from the mountains where I went with my family last week. Those of you who come from a Slavic culture will instantly recognize the traditional flowery pattern, which I think is absolutely beautiful. I love how these look paired with jeans, it's a combination of folk and modern elements. And those colors, they scream spring and summer!

How did you fare in February? Have you made any spring purchases? xxx

8 comments:

  1. Love the scarf! Flowers brighten up any gloomy day, and it looks lovely on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, sweetie :) Flowers are always big for spring/summer, so they'll get a lot of use me thinks! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything that you bought!I need some new shoes, too!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A girl can never have too many shoes! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore the little vest and the scarf is beautiful. I hope March is a better month for you hun.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. @loveaudrey: Thanks, sweetheart! I think it's already a bit better, fingers crossed! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the scarf but I really adore and want the waistcoat and shoes! Please don't tell me the shoes are from a Polish shop....I have a feeling you're going to say that though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Ondine: Hahah, they're not from a Polish store, I think it's actually German; it's called Deichman - I'm not very helpful, am I? But fear not dear, I've seen similar designs in Zara for example, I just refuse to pay their shoe prices! xxx

    ReplyDelete