Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Lacquered Love: Joko nr 46

I've come up with this alliterative name for my Nails Of The Day posts, because honestly I'm not a huge fan of acronyms... Yes, linguists are quirky like that, we actually have our likes and dislikes for different means of expression :)

In my recent nail haul, I mentioned one particular Joko nail polish I was after in the shade nr 46, as it turned out, pretty difficult to get hold of. Now I know the reason for that... The bottle I grabbed was produced in 2000, which I only noticed a minute ago. Nevertheless, somehow it doesn't affect the quality (it's supposed to be good until 2010), I love the consistency and color it imparts on my nails!

As you can see in the photo, it's a deep beigy purple with a cream finish. It glides on easily, leaving no streaks or bubbles. One coat gives more of a pinkish purple, two coats transform the color into more of a grey tinted purple. It comes off slightly darker than in the bottle, so it's not really a neutral color, but still very wearable and a bit more unique.

The bottle is 10 ml and retails for about 2 pounds (7,50 Polish zlotys).

On a different note, I've been experiencing some issues with applying my Sally Hansen Mega Shine top coat. While the product itself works miracles, the brush gathers either too much or too little product, and you have to be very careful to cover the whole nail, otherwise there'll be some streaks left. Has anyone ever had similar problems with this product? Any tips?

6 comments:

  1. I think the color is subtle.. i think it would work on my mum (white white, blonde with green eyes) better than me. My tan clashes with pastel type colors.

    I always get waay too much topcoat.. i use a random brand and it gets everywhere because the brush is too long an wide. No tips just use a cotton bud after to clean up!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used that product, but I would suggest Seche Vite if you're having problems with it...you can apply it while your polish is still wet, and it gives a really high shine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tali: Hmm, I think the description white white also applies to me :)I think I'll just have to practice with what I've got... Thanks for the tip! xxx

    @fantastic: I bought the Sally Hansen because I heard it was even better than Seche Vite, and you can also apply it when the polish is wet and gives very nice shine. I guess it just needs more attention when applying. Thanks for the suggestion! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hate the problem with streaking, but i don't know how to get around it.
    xox
    www.froufroufashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful shade! I am not sure how to deal with the top coat problem, but there is a girl who knows A LOT about make-up.
    Try to ask her. I am sure she'll have an answer.
    http://filthygorgeousmakeup.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Mademoiselle Frou-Frou: I guess a steadier hand would be a good solution! Ehn, I still have hundreds of nail polish applications ahead of me to achieve perfection ;( xxx

    @Little Rus: Thanks for advice, sweetie! xxx

    ReplyDelete