Friday, June 5, 2009

Mizz Worthy's prize package!

Good evening my beauties :) I have some exciting new make-up to share that arrived in the post just today; it's the prize I received from Jen aka Mizz Worthy for the Illamasqua contest look I did some time ago!

First of all, go check Mizz Worthy's blog if you haven't already, she's the most amazing, kind and lovely person you can imagine, and I always enjoy reading her posts! Now, on to the package - here it is in all its glory, perfect and intact...


Here are the contents after I ripped it open a couple of minutes ago!


In the photo you can see my two prizes, Illamasqua pencil and eyeshadow; however, Jen very generously added a Prestige eyepencil and a Barry M dazzle dust, as she explained, to compensate for the delay in sending the package - well, in my humble opinion, it really arrived very promptly! She also sent some beautiful Illamasqua promo cards with a lovely personal note and her own blog cards; so ingenious and pretty, I am going to use them as bookmarks!

The make-up I got from Jen is just gorgeous! I am so happy for the Illamasqua prizes: after a lot of debating and advice from Jen I went for the eyeshadow in the shade Forgiveness, which is quite a neutral brown with a purpley undertone and I plan to use it to accentuate the crease. When I swatched it for the picture, I was just amazed by the texture, it really feels buttery smooth against the skin. The Medium Pencil in Ascend will be great for neutral lips, I am thinking it would look great paired with just a bit of a lipgloss.

L to R: Illamasqua Medium Pencil in Ascend (matte), Illamasqua eyeshadow in Forgiveness (matte), Prestige eyeliner in Powerful Purple (shimmer), Barry M Dazzle Dust in 98 (fine glitter)

The drugstore items Jen threw in are sooo me! I am loving purples at the moment, so the Prestige eyeliner will definitely come in handy, it's such a gorgeous, shimmery color :) Well, for all you Brits this isn't anything new, but this Dazzle Dust shade is so unique, I think I have never seen anything like it, something like a dark grey/ brown with fine glitter that under certain lights can range from green to blue to purple. Simply beautiful!

I can't say anything more about these items for now, as I haven't tried them, but I just can't wait to play with them all very soon :) Huge thanks again to Jen for hosting the contest and sending the package; I'm properly chuffed!

Hope you all have a wonderful evening xxx

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so pleased you like your prizes! For some reason Blogger was behaving in a very odd manner and told me that I was not subscribed to you - very odd! I have now re-subbed though!

    Can't wait to see the looks you come up with with your goodies xxx

    ReplyDelete