Thursday, June 25, 2009

Make-up station

Before I leave, I wanted to show you my current make-up station. My collection has grown a lot since I came to Vancouver, so once I take all my stuff with me back to my parents' house, I'll have to think of a new storage solution!

I just keep all my make-up, mirror, nail stuff and jewellery on a shelf, close to a table, so I can reach easily for everything I need. In the picture (left to right) we have a binder I'm planning to use as a 'look book', earrings rack my friend made for me (I have more pairs than shown, some of my earring were left in Poland, some of them are dispersed around the apartment), one pot with eye/lip pencils and such, another pot with face brushes, and some brush cleanser and nail polish remover in the background. Then we have a little chest of drawers from Ikea, on top of which I put my palettes and a brush case with eye and lip brushes.

In the top first drawer from the left I keep my face make-up, including a mineral foundation, a concealer, a primer, blushers and bronzers and a nearly empty eyeshadow trio I use for highlighting. In the second drawer I keep lipsticks and lipglosses along with some rarely used loose powder in the back. In the third drawer, we have random things like false eyelashes and samples.


The middle big drawer is packed full with miscellaneous wonders. The big purple bag contains an unused make-up bag, there's also a lot of nail polishes/ topcoats lying around, some single eyeshadows, some eyeshadow palettes, a glitter eyeliner... All in all, this one looks a bit like a Pandora box :)

The bottom drawer contains my accessories and hair stuff. I have some wooden/ semi-precious stone/ glass necklaces, a pile of bangles/ bracelets, and two boxes with mostly silver jewellery.

So here you have my little stash... I know it's nothing amazing, but I thought it might help some you who don't have a proper vanity table to keep all your things at. We live in a studio with a tiny bathroom, and it was difficult for me to find a nice place to play with my make-up. If you'd like me to show/explain something in more detail or something from my collection grabbed your attention, just ask me a question in the comments.

On a different note, I'd like to say a HUGE THANK YOU to all of my followers! I'm so happy to reach (over) 5o followers, I can't say enough good things about you guys! When I first started blogging, I'd never imagined that having someone read and comment my ramblings could give me such a thrill! Thanks to the beauty community on Blogger, I found some amazing, sweetest people, you're simply the best! As a more tangible thank you I'm planning a little contest featuring Polish beauty products, so watch out for that!

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day :) xxx

17 comments:

  1. i have that same drawer organizer! i used to use it for meds, but haven't had a use for it since...hmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that drawer organizer! Good old Ikea! I had one when I was younger too and painted it pink so might do that again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the followers.. i need to organise myslef better but i have so much stuff... there is not enough room!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @fantastic and Daisy: I have a very similar one at my parents, it's made of baby blue and white cardboard; these drawer organizers are so handy! And it's great to customize yours by painting it or decorating :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Tali: I guess your collection is much bigger than mine! Actually I also wish I had more space, I'm dreaming of having a vanity one day... And a lit-up mirror... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish my make-up was as organised as that.
    Bet it took you a while to sort it all out. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Lauren: The worst thing was putting the Ikea organizer together, all the nails somehow bent one way or another when I hammered... and I wrecked our table top in the process :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way you've organized it all! and a big congrats on the followers!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Michelle: Thank you, sweetie, and congrats to you as well! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also have the drawer organizer. It is so convenient and practical. Yours look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the drawer organiser! Just what I have been looking for for absolutely ages! Hopefully Ikea still stock it eeeep
    Great post xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh that drawer is perfect!! And such a pretty colour too!!!! You are so organised and neat!! Haha i try to attempt this and it lasts about a week :)
    Aww thankyou so much! I will be sure to have lots of pastries, I am espec. excited for a real chocolate eclair!!!!!
    Take care, can't wait to catch up on your blog when I return!!!! Stay gorgeous xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so organised! I'd love a set up like this but at the moment my bedroom is overrun with baby stuff!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Sarah: I hope you'll have amazing time in Europe, deep in my heart I'm a bit of a Euro patriot, I don't think the States or Canada are as great as the good Old World ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. @loveaudrey: I can imagine that! In fact when I have more important things on my mind, I also forget about keeping things in order and my bedroom turns into a huge mess :) Take care! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dammit, another person who's more organised than me ;-) I really need to get my hands on one of those little sets of drawers asap! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Heheh, Ondine, I bet you're just as much organized as I am... If only you saw my wardrobe or shoes... ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete