1. Illamasqua powder eyeshadow in Forgiveness. It's a matte, purpley brown shadow with great pigmentation and butter smooth texture. I use it almost every day as a crease color, it's very subtle but still something a bit different than your usual brown because of the warm, purple undertone.
2. NYX round lipstick in Thalia. You know all these 'my lips but better' posts featuring a nude lipstick of some sort? Well, no MLBB nude lippie for me. My lips are quite pigmented and Thalia is exactly the same shade, maybe a tad darker. The color payoff is good and the consistency nice and creamy.
3. Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme. Can't help it, you're probably bored to death by me mentioning it, but I still love it.
4. Yogurt pack method. I discovered this on Brilliant Farmgirl's Beauty Secrets blog (check her out if you haven't already, she's the loveliest and most ingenious person ever!) and have used it for 3 days now as a mask before I go to bed. It leaves my skin feeling baby soft! I'll update you in a week's time on how I'm doing with it.
5. My scarves. I use them to give the simplest outfits a bit of texture and color. I have to get some more soon!
Today I also received an Uber Amazing Blog Award from Michelle at Lipstick Rules, thank you so much sweetheart! The rules are as follows:
1. Write five (5) interesting facts about the person who gave you this award. 2. Jot down ten (10) interesting facts about yourself or your hobbies. 3. Pick your ten (10) most deserving recipients and describe them. 4. Leave a comment on the recipients' blog to tell them they've been tagged. 5. Paste the award badge in your side bar.
- She comes up with the most interesting ideas for blog posts that always spark off a vivid discussion
- She lives in Toronto where MAC started!
- She's a lovely person inside and out, I love her comments :)
- She has an amazing family who understands her passion for make-up, even her 2 years old son knows about it!
- She likes to excercise her will power by joining different variations of spending diet challenges
- I'm Polish both by birth and citizenship
- I speak 3 languages fluently, Polish (of course), English and French
- I'm still a student at the Institute of Applied Linguistics, Warsaw University, Poland
- I'm short-sighted and wear contact lenses
- I'm getting married in September
- I don't like pop drinks, Coke is a big no no for me
- I like dogs and used to have a Welsh terrier, but I'm allergic to cats
- I inherited my eye color (warm dark brown) from my maternal great grandmother (or so I'm told, she'd died before I was born)
- My friends in high school called me a 'squirrel' in different variations of the word in Polish, like 'Wiewiórcia' or 'Wiórka', because of my reddish hair
- I hate war movies, they make me feel utterly depressed. In my opinion WWII is probably the worst thing that has ever happened to the humankind.
I'm going to cheat here and nominate less than 10 lovely bloggettes:
1. Brilliant Farmgirl's Beauty Secrets. She's so passionate and honest about her recommendations on skincare. She's helping me a lot with improving my skincare routine, and her tips are simply genius!
2. Loveaudrey. She's just had her baby boy and is probably one of the most glam mummies in the blogland. I feel a kindred soul in her!
3. Jen at Mizz Worthy's Stuff. She's the sweetest person ever, hosts amazing contests (check out her latest "Myths & Legends" contest with fab Illamasqua prizes!) and posts the best, most honest reviews. Go Jen!
Hope you all have a lovely Monday and thanks for stopping by! xxx