Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Uneasy confession

Ok, so this is going to be embarrassing... but anyway.

You're probably going to raise your eyebrows in surprise tinted with slight disgust, but I have to confess this: I do not own any MAC eyeshadows. Not even a pan, not even a pigment sample, nothing.

Now, you're going to ask, why is that so? I could go on and make a whole list of excuses (the main reason being that the first MAC store in Poland was opened this year, so I was oblivious to all the goodies, and I only started educating myself = reading beauty blogs quite recently), but the sad truth remains the same. 

Why am I telling you this, apart from wanting to make you feel some strong emotions this morning/evening? The thing is, I'd love to hear your advice. I am planning to purchase my first, 4-pan MAC palette next month and I am wondering which colors to choose.


I know I want to fill the palette with neutral shades and I am obsessed about Satin Taupe, so there are 3 more pans to go. Please let me know in the comments what are your favorite neutral MAC eyeshadows that I should check out!

Thanks for stopping by, ladies :) xxx

12 comments:

  1. I love shroom and all that glitters- and satin taupe of course! Congrats on your first Mac palette! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Daisy: Thank you for recommendation, hun! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh jeeez... i have enough neutrals to sink a ship haha! i'll just post what i use the most!

    dazzlelight (everyday highlight), patina, satin taupe, vanilla, orb, brule, naked lunch, typographic (not really a neutral but better than carbon for an everyday dark), smoke and diamonds (LE), antiqued, embark, quarry, omega, retrospeck, smut, cork, SOFT BROWN! you must get soft brown. ok i'll stop going on haha!

    this will be the beginning of your addiction... i discovered mac in 2003 and its never stopped hehe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. naked lunch was my first ever mac shadow and i love it x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try on Brule, Naked Lunch, Shroom, Malt, Wedge, Omega, Orb, Espresso Brown, Vanilla. Anyone of these shade combined are great. Naked Lunch is a pretty all over, Shroom is very light but a nice brow bone colour along with Vanilla. Brule is a good base colour and Wedge or Malt excellent crease colour and Espresso Brown would look beautiful as your outer V colour or corner accent and brow colour. Good luck! *Piece of advice, book an appointment with a MAC artist costs $45.00 and then you get to take $45.00 in product so you get a free application and detailed advice and you only pay for your products. Better to see it on first. Hope this helped.
    xxNadia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been disappointed with All That Glitters - it's turned out too orange-y for me. however, I am in love with my Satin Taupe and Expensive Pink at the moment. Happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Caroline: Wow, that's a lot, it's going to take me a while to collect all of them... Thanks so much for the comment, sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Make up madness: All that glitters always reminds me of one of my favorite YouTubers :) Thank you for advice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Marie: Love the name of this one... Mmm :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Nadia: I didn't know that, thank you so much for sharing this! I hope I'll manage to book this appointment then, it would be so much fun! Take care, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Ondine: I definitely have to check them out at the store first, I hope it's not going to be as terribly busy as it was the first time I went there... xxx

    ReplyDelete