Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Celebrity look contest entry

I know I'm bordering on a mass production with my contest entries lately, but it's all because my parents are coming to Vancouver this Saturday for two weeks, so I won't have a chance to do much blogging then, and certainly no contests for me!

So, here's my entry for Angela's celebrity contest at Everything Superficial. I tried to recreate a smokey eye look worn by Scarlett Johansson for one of her photoshoots. She's one of my favorite actresses and from what I remember, she's also a fellow make-up addict :)

This is the inspirational photo:


And my attempt at recreating the look:






List of products used:
Face
CS Honey Fair 1.2 mineral foundation
MAC Studio Finish concealer in NW20
CS Sheer Radiance blush to contour/bronze
CS Dare blusher on the apples of the cheeks
Wet n' Wild Mega Glo Face Illuminator in Blushing
CS Light Veil

Eyes
CS Eye Poxy primer
Margaret Astor black kohl eyepencil as a base
CS 78 eyeshadow and blush palette: matte black and grey, matte deep brown, matte cream eyeshadows
Avon Smokey Eye quad: the darkest, shimmery grey color
Inglot highlighting eyeshadow
Covergirl Lash Blast mascara

Lips
GOSH Darling lipstick
generic clear, shimmery gloss

Well, I look nothing like Scarlett, but it was fun recreating this look! Thanks to Angela for hosting the contest, I hope you get a ton of entries (that's a bit unwise for me... whatever).

Thanks for stopping by, my lovely bloggers! xxx

9 comments:

  1. This is stunning!!!!!!! I actually love your look way more than Scarlett's!!!!! You have got the most amazing eyes, they really draw you in. I really think you should a model ya know ;) Good luck, I hope you winnnnn!!!!!!! (p.s. Thankyou so much for your sweet comment too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look on you! You are extremely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Sarah: Thank you, hun! Well, usually my eyes don't stand out so much, you know, this is where make-up comes in :)Take care! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are gooood - that's spot on! It's a good sultry look on you too xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ondine: That's funny, actually after the shoot when I went to wash my make-up off, I thought that while it looks nice in the photos, it's a bit too harsh on me. It might be that I am not used to such strong eye make-up, but more likely my camera just washes everything out, so if you're going for a bolder look, you really have to put a ton of slap on! Thanks for your sweet comment :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for entering! I think you actually do look like her!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're stunning! I just stumbled on your blog and I'm reading your back entries. This look is so spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @CarolinaBelle84: Thanks so much, sweetie! Sadly, no winners were announced for this contest and all the efforts the participants made to create their looks were just ignored by the person who organized it. Very unfair! xxx

    ReplyDelete