Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Body art at the Chelsea Flower Show 2009

I bet all of you Brits are sick and tired of the Flower Show, but to me that's quite refreshing, actually. Anyhow, I was browsing through the photos of the show gardens when I came across The Quilted Velvet Garden designed by Tony Smith. Telegraph says that "The garden is based on a dream, taking the form of a long, arduous journey through the everyday world of work and domestic chores, eventually arriving at a place of comfort and luxury.". I don't know about arduous journey, but when I saw these pics, I totally sank in.



This amazing body art was created by Emma Cammack on the model Gemma Rhodes. How awesome is that?! 

There were also some celebrities present at the VIP Preview Day, including Helen Mirren, Sienna Miller, Ringo Starr and Claudia Leigh, wearing a hat designed by Cozmo Jenks.



For those interested in the show, visit Daily Telegraph pages here

3 comments:

  1. Oooh I have heard about this! How much fun, these photos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only been to it once, a couple of years ago but it was lovely. Sipping (overpriced) Pimms on a sunny evening while looking at and smelling beautiful gardens. Highyly recommend a visit if you ever get the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope I'll get the chance to go once with my mum, she's an avid gardener :)Ahhnn, English gardens... xxx

    ReplyDelete