Friday, March 20, 2009

Random facts about me

Since I decided to write this blog anonymously, I thought I owe you some kind of description of who I am and what is going on in my life recently.

Have you ever noticed how difficult it is to describe yourself in a nutshell? How would you answer the question "Who are you?" if you were asked by a stranger? Usually, if you're being introduced to someone, you refer to some relation between you and the person known to both you and the stranger. However, in this case, there are no common friends, and I have to choose some other way of self-presentation. Telling you ALL about me would be such a long and probably boring story, so I am just going to give you some random highlights.

I'm a 22 year old student of applied linguistics in Warsaw, Poland, currently on a dean's leave and living in Canada. I'm not a native speaker of English (thus sorry for the errors!), but I decided to write this blog in English firstly not to limit my audience only to Poles and secondly as an exercise. I also speak quite decent French.

I work as an English teacher and a translator.

I'm engaged to be married in September this year, which is both overwhelming and wonderful.

I'm a blondish redhead with dark brown eyes.

I used to collect shells when I was a kid and I like art and history of art, hence the name of the blog.

I enjoy reading, watching films, going out with friends, travelling and for some time now, make-up art; you'll see all of these things (and some more) here on this blog.

Well, I guess that will do in terms of a short introduction... We'll get to know each other better in some time, won't we? :)

1 comment:

  1. Nice to meet you! You look like you could be a ballerina!

    ReplyDelete